Sunday, September 29, 2013

Circuit Bending/Toy Alteration Research

Fire Breathing Pony

Creepy Ass Doll Radio

Ardunio Archive of Toy Hacking

Ya this isn't happening for us but it's cool

Tweet controlled toy with instructions

Nice blog with toy hacks

Research is helping me get a better picture of what I want, but I'm still having a very difficult time working out what our final objects are going to look like. I can sort of envision a toy with some new LED's put into it, or that make strange noises (changing the noise a toy makes is the most common and probably easiest hack) but for out individual case I remain a little confused. It is proving exceptionally difficult to develop both a concept and a visualization for this idea when I know so very little about the tools I am going to use to create it.

I know concept is meant to come first, but this class is basically a beginner's circuits class with an artistic focus. I knew nothing of circuits coming in. I am very glad to be learning about them, and in a sense I wish I had this class sooner to understand the electronic medium better! But the pressure of a creative project using tools that are still very alien to me is really scary. I feel like I am behind yet don't have the knowledge or experience to move forward. I think I am going to sketch detailed images of what I want the "modded" toys for our project to look like, because that's the only thin I can think of to give myself some ground for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment