Monday, November 25, 2013

Servo Motors- Problem with Power


This video shows the "twitch action" made possible by my revised code:
The old code no longer worked for no reason I could indentify, but this one works better anyway.

I used this tutorial (thanks Katerie!) to hook up the battery pack and servo motor the right way.

Now, this photo shows proof that the battery pack IS providing power, at least enough for the LED to light up very brightly. What does not show is that the motor does NOT move when connected to just the batteries. They must not be providing enough power; I am thinking one or more of the batteries is dead. They started to smell funny too after a while, I'm dead serious about that. I also plugged in BOTH the ardunios 5V and the battery pack, which nuked the LED nicely and turned on the single servo motor, but not two servo motors.

The solution is probably to get fresh batteries or even a 9V battery. Unfortunately, no more AA batteries or 9V batteries are left in the storage room. Tomorrow I will bring in my own AA batteries and see if that fixes it. If this finally works I will be done working with servo motors for this project, besides some tweaking of code to allow for more motors and slightly different behaviors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment