Sunday, November 8, 2015

11/8 - Semester Project Process post #3- Jen Herrera


I got my LED Matrix up and running! It definitely has to be driven off of the Arduino Uno, so I'm re-thinking my setup for my project. I really want to use the lilypad for the conductive fabric and thread, but now I'm not sure how the two arduinos will be able to talk to one another. I might have to look into making the fabric work with the Uno instead.

Either way, I want the project to be self-contained in the plush toy, which leads me to the power source realization. For my smaller lilypad projects, I was using the 3V battery that came with the protosnap set. The LED matrix definitely needs a 5v power supply that can draw up to 2A. There are regular battery packs that can accomodate this, but I'm worried about the life of them. My 3v battery died surprisingly fast with just my small blink LEDs for mini project 1. I found a battery pack meant for powering tablets and pis that I think will do the job.

Now to finish up my prototype!

No comments:

Post a Comment