Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Reading/Videos response (8/25)

There Will Come Soft Rains

The reading was strange to say the least. it started out fairly normal, futuristic time so of course futuristic devices. The home seemed to be set to do all these things automatically. It seems like a waste to me for the house to be doing all that cooking and running water if nobody is home. The owners dropped the ball on that. Then the fire! All these lifeless things suddenly had their own minds to fight the fire while the fire itself knew just how to defeat the house to burn it down. I liked it though. I definitely wasn't expecting that ending.

On a day to day basis, I use technology all the time. Before class every morning, I am woken up by my alarm on my phone. I love watching tv, using my computer, and especially playing my video games. I am so integrated with technology that I am amazed by culture that lack such technology and like to understand their ways of entertaining themselves without technology being any kind of factor. I first got acquainted with computers in elementary school in my gifted class. I went to gifted once a week every year starting in the first grade. My gifted teacher Ms.London as part of the class had us go to the computer lab and get on internet explorer and check stock point increases and decreases of companies that we picked to track (mine were all candy companies) for 15 minutes and then for the next hour we could get on whatever gaming site we wanted (mine usually being nick.com or cartoonnetwork.com). I feel like we should all learn to be more independent of technology because I watch many shows and movies about post apocalyptic worlds where all the aliens had to do was destroy our technology and we lost easily or something like that. I like to be more active in sports or working out or other things but knowing I can come home to my games.

Electric Tools

The video is informative. there are a lot of tools that I never thought of that were shown to be very useful in the video. I like that he demonstrated the actual action of the tool as he was explaining what it was and what it did. I was watching the visual more than listening to what he was saying until he mentioned things about prices and places to easily buy the tools in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment