Monday, November 5, 2012

Final Project Intimate Space


Intimate Space

According to the experts a substantial portion of our communication is nonverbal. Nonverbal details reveals who we are and impact how we relate to other people. Communicating through touch is an important nonverbal behavior. Touch can be use to communicate affection, familiarity and other emotions. Touch sensitizes ongoing cognitive and emotional processes and that this sensitization is mediated by somatosensory processing. However, social awkwardness is experienced from this intimate behavior.

My project is going to turn the awkwardness into art creation process. I would create an intimate experience by combining touch (body touch) and sounds made by a woman. The aim of this project is to open the universe of woman emotions and feelings to the participants. By creating this environment the participant will experience what happens in a woman’s mind when she’s not being observed by society. I will like to open the intimacy of the bed were she experiences different emotions or feelings (sexual, not sexual). I seek to form a strong bond between my art piece and the participants.

The materials that I am going to be using are the force sensitive resistor sensors, wave shield, speakers and possible range finder. The force sensitive resistors (FSR) are sensors that allow you to detect physical pressure, squeezing and weight by pressure. The use of the (FSR) will allow me to reach my goal of generating sound when the participants interact with the piece. I will build a foam mattress in which I will place the sensors in different areas and each sensor is going to generate a different sound when people lay on the bed. That way the participant will directly interact with the piece (bed) by moving themselves, scrolling, geting comfortable, etc. 












No comments:

Post a Comment