Saturday, November 3, 2012

Final project thoughts

I really wanted to stick with my concept about the doll thing but I am not sure if it`s ok enough. I really need my concept to be clearer this time.

I still want my concept to have something to do with those words:
sadism, masochism, voyeurism, violence, relationships...

Also, I want it to tell something to the viewer/player. I should try and resume what are my options in simple sentences, perhaps. Let`s try:

"You are not who you think you are" meaning you will never truly know yourself. Although this sentence is ambivalent, I wish to explore its darkest meaning. To every good thought or good deed, there`s a flaw, some cruelty, some mystery.

"You are sick" is another one. The artwork should trick the player into thinking about how society (and himself) is so messed up and how it just works being like that. Or better, how it is so sick nobody can really tell lines between right or wrong. The world is sick and you are a part of it, therefore you are sick.

I want people to recognize sadomasochistic relationships which are faced as common but are not. I wish for them to acknowledge the nature of those relationships and possibly do something about them. Worship them, hate them, hate themselves and then -- change.

Therefore, what is really key to communicating all the above is comprehending a way to make the viewer to step back from his actions -- his life -- for a little bit, take a step back and admire the human reaction to society`s mixed up values.

We do not know exactly how to express those statements as we are still brainstorming, but we accept suggestions gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment