Sunday, August 28, 2016

5 Appliances HW

So while looking around I found my Laptop uses 20 volts and 4.25 amps and that comes to about 45 watts by multiplying the two values. Next was my fridge and that was 115 volts and 6 amps, that was 690 watts. My microwave only gave me the information for 1.5 KW and that makes since microwaves do use a lot of power to heat up food. For my TV I had to do some internet searching because I could not find any of the information on the TV, it had around 135 volts and 1.208 amps which gives us 163.08 watts. Lastly I choose my blender and the only information it had was 450 watts.

For the next part of the Homework I looked at my breaker box in the apartment and all of the breakers say 10,000 AIC and 120/240 Vac. Vac stands for volts I had to look that up. AIC stands for a single instant surge of amps that are allowed to pass through before a breaker switches it off. So knowing all of this I can safely plug in all of my appliances into one breaker except for the microwave since that uses a high amount of power at one time. I hope this is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment