Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lemon Circuit - 8.22.2016



Describe a piece of art or an interactive piece that used electronics as a medium that made an impression on you or that you remember.
I cannot find a link to documentation of the piece to save my life, but in Time Based Media, we discussed one of Jack Stenner's pieces in which a sensor or a camera in the gallery was linked to a receptor in some dilapidated house in Gainesville. For every person who walked into the gallery space, someone walked in or out of the house holding a red balloon. The video feed was then live streamed back to the gallery. I have no idea what it's called, but if Jack's around, you could ask him, I guess.

Describe any previous experiences with electronics and sensors.
I have experience programming in processing.

What do you expect to learn or what sorts of ideas do you hope to realize with the knowledge that you learn in this class?
A lot of my work deals with theories in memory and personality. I really want to make a piece that submerges the viewer into a different place and time, real or fantastic, activated by human touch and interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment