Monday, August 22, 2016

Aug 22, 2016 - Discussion - Xiaoxi Zheng

I recently visited the John & Marble Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida. Inside, there was a contemporary piece in which it utilizes physical computing by outputting audio cues from a face assembled from industrial objects. When a viewer steps on a foot pedal, the audio produced a seemly random mixture of cries and industrial robotic sounds. This installation was part of Phantom Bodies: The Human Aura in Art. This special exhibition "considers the relationship between mind, body and spirit".

I have no previous experience with sensors other than the traditional mouse, keyboard, display combination. I've attempted to create something simple through the VR medium that incorporated head tracking. From another class I took, people took advantage of the Brain-Computer-Interface in which they used it to produce 3D audio.

Joining this class without any hardware background seems like a challenge. Ultimately I want to use this class as an opportunity to create something that can express the ever complicated human-robot relationship. I look forward to piecing together something neat while I do some "soul searching".

No comments:

Post a Comment