Sunday, October 20, 2013

Progress, Prototype, Frustration

After a frustrating hours of trying to get this asshole to work, I had to take a break and come back the next day to finish my efforts. First, I got the prototype without any connection to the final "body" to work. Great. Amazing. Fantastic.

Then, I actually rigged up a connection that fits the parts into my caterpillar body! Wow! It sure seems like magic when I post it on here.

But it wasn't. It was difficult. I realized that I need to break frequently while working on these types of things. Otherwise, I get frustrated and literally will start to break things by being careless and rough...

I tried to solder some of the parts, but it ended in disaster... so that's why it's still all breadboards. I tried to solder the main ultrasonic rangefinder part, which by all accounts SHOULD have worked but 100% did NOT work.

Here's the code:


Simple enough really. BUT I got the binary counter to work! Yay! Turns out it's sort of useless though... I mean I use only one pin from Ardunio... which is like, cool? I think the binary counter will help though even though I can't really see a huge advantage since I'm only using a few pins anyway.

WE WILL SEE if this works like it did today tomorrow, since I don't trust this fucker as far as I could throw it with all the parts coming out and scattering away.

Chris Jones isn't here because he has this huge sports life going on next to school and is never here for weekends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment