Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Monday 8/22 | Lemon Experiment & Questions

Lemon Experiment




Questions

Describe a piece of art or an interactive experience that used electronics as a medium that made an impression on you or that you remember.

I remember when I was younger, we visited Universal Studios and went to the Barney area. Inside, they had a huge play area with a lot of interactive toys. One of the things I remember that really intrigued me was the streams of water that were lined up like harp strings and had various colors. When you touched one of the streams, it would illicit a sound as if you were playing a stringed instrument. I don't know why that particular moment stuck with me, but that feeling of enchantment is something I would like to reflect when working with electronics and sensors. 



Describe any previous experiences with electronics and sensors.

I have no previous experience working with electronics and sensors, save for interacting with your everyday sensors, such as grocery store doors or streetlights.  



What do expect to learn or what sorts of ideas do you hope to realize with the knowledge that you learn in this class?


I would like to learn how to utilize electronic platforms in new ways that would continue to bridge the gap between imagination and reality, as well as connecting people and ideas through animating the inanimate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment