Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 1 Homework

Circuit Board:

My father has done air and electric for longer than I've been alive, so I asked him if he had any spare circuit boards. This board is for an ice machine.

Home Appliances:

Watts = Amps x Volts

Laptop - 4.62 A, 19.5 V, 90.09 W
Oscillating Fan - couldn't find its specifications, but standard house fans use about 100 W
32" LED TV - 48 W
PS3 - 70 W
Ceiling light - 75 W

Overall it's about 383 Watts. GRU would charge $0.042 per Watt.  To keep these appliances on for 24 hours would cost $16.08.


And this is the distribution panel at my parents' home. The box on the right is for a generator. The small box on the bottom with the red lights is a surge protector. The amperage is 200 A, which my father tells me is standard for residential stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment