Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Monday__8/22 Post-CM

-In Digital Design I received a pretty cool FPGA board that had a lot os switches, 7-segment LEDs, single green LEDs, buttons, and lots of input/output slots (USB, SD card, VGA, power, etc.) In class lecture, we were discussing about the week's lab and the professor said that somebody was able to program the game Pong on the FPGA. The buttons were programmed to move the paddle up/down, and the VGA output would be connected to a screen, as if the FPGA was some kind of console. Based on this I thought that I should try programming Breakout on the FPGA for extra credit. But, unfortunately, I ran out of time so I ended up doing a collage of the same picture that was displayed on the screen.

-In Circuits I, I worked with resistors, capacitors, transistors, voltage, current, inductors, AC and DC currents, and building circuits on a big breadboard. In Digital Logic and Computer Systems I worked with a CPLD board, using Quartus software and an Altera chip. Towards the end, I used VHDL to program the CPLD board for State Machines, ALUs, Microprocessors, Traffic Light Controllers, and reading from a ROM chip (I also had to program the ROM using hexadecimal values.) In Digital Design, I worked with an FPGA and I designed and built a microprocessor that consisted of Registers, Program Counter, Default input values and user-defined input values, Multiplexers, Clock, Buses, etc. I also used the FPGA to output a picture onto a screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment