Thursday, December 8, 2016

Final Project: Demonstration

Final Project

I strayed from my original plan for my final project to be an abstract mirror. During my second mini-project critique, it was mentioned that it was like a windless wind chime, and that interested me. I decided to focus more on sound.

I wanted to subvert the relaxing nature of wind chimes, and to create an interactive thing that, the more someone interacted with it, the less they wanted to be around it. As a person got closer and spent more time around it, the motors would spin more violently and the sound of the chimes would evolve from soft and musical to more cacophonous. However, because my other motor couldn't spin the chimes, the sound never got that loud, and most people enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment