Thursday, December 8, 2016

Final Project: Structure

The structure ended up being the downfall of the larger motor; it wasn't strong enough to do what I wanted it to.

I wanted the small motor to spin things within other things that the larger motor would be spinning. That wasn't possible because cables would get tangled. So I made a wooden gear essentially that would be turned by the motor and would allow the smaller motor to turn in the center of it.


Later a kind of tap was added to the edge of the wood to give the motor head better traction.

Both motors are mounted with two brackets and a cable tie.

The structure was then mounted onto trimmed 2x4s nailed to plywood.

Finally the hanging components and circuitry were added. It was at this point I learned my motor wasn't strong enough. I later stained the wood black.

No comments:

Post a Comment