Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Final Project Process 4/5

Link to vimeo here proving my bits are actually functional. I was fumbling between a FSR and a piezo to detect vibrations coming through the base of the plant. The issue was that the piezo was too sensitive and the FSR wasn't sensitive enough. I figured I could just pop out the resistors to give the FSR more juice to make it more receptive, but I was mistaken. I had to SQUEEZE the FSR between my fingers to elicit much of anything. The piezo was sensitive enough, but once it detected a vibration, the value it detected in the serial monitor wouldn't climb back to zero even if the stimulation stopped. So if I were to isolate a particular value, it would still scream for forever.

But my bits are hypothetically functional.. just incompetent.

No comments:

Post a Comment