Sunday, September 4, 2011

Interactive Traffic Lights








I really enjoyed Beginning Arduino Chapter 2 Project 4: Interactive Traffic Lights. This project seemed most applicable to a real life situation (people honestly don't know SOS anymore) and I was interested to see how it would go. I also really liked using the push button to start a series, not just a simple reaction. I noticed that the red and green were in the incorrect positions for the logical traffic light simulation in my drawing so I switched them (after I recorded the video, but it wasn't the code or the wiring that was incorrect, just the LEDs so I didn't refilm it). I approach 13th St and 4th Ave and am constantly waiting for the pedestrian light, but I never once considered the programming behind it. My impatience and my worry that I will be late to class always outweighed it, but maybe now I'll appreciate my time waiting because that was the traffic flow pattern, and it's not all about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment