Saturday, December 10, 2011

Final critique thoughts

For me, this was overwhelmingly successful. This has been the one project where everything I've done has gone smoothly and fallen into place. I will definitely, definitely show this work again with some modifications.

First off, my concerns with hardware are that the motors while the worked for this, could be stronger. In the future, I plan on ordering some larger servos. As far as the rope, people suggested that I use velcro to secure it to the motors. It would actually be possible that way to "break" the rope and win the tug-of-war, but still be able to put it back together quickly for another go. Another thing to consider was the height at which the platforms were. They ended up being torso height, but with the interactions between the two people at either end, I think that it might be more engaging to build custom platforms at almost face height so that one could see their opponent.

I think I may also want to include the previous video installation I made with this tug and pull quality. Somebody even suggested that I use sensor input from the ultrasonic range finders to control the video in tandem with the motors, so that the tugging could be on several dimensions. It's a possibility but I'm not completely positive about it. There really are a lot of variations for this project. I'll definitely be revisiting it later.





No comments:

Post a Comment