Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mona "Diva" Aftermath

So I was overall just relieved that this project WORKED. I had a bit of a bumpy road just trying to do that, but it worked- yay! The components I worked with were very simple- mostly because I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew with my experience level. I felt like a lot of the feedback from Crit were things I could have added to the piece to create more of a presence, or atmosphere. I thought the feedback was very helpful- it was also especially nice to have Michelle Tillander there, as she is my teacher for my education courses. I think with more time I could have definitely added to the project (isn't that what everyone says), The only thing that really bothered me was the speakers. I really wanted this piece to be wireless, I had all of my components encased in the frame and originally the speaker created sound like it was coming straight from Mona's mouth. The speakers on the floor were a last minute fix so that everyone would be able to hear the audio better.
I might have gotten a slightly bigger frame, had I been able to find it in time.
I'd love to do more of these, and maybe have them sing and talk to each other. That was a good suggestion.

I also feel the need to reflect on this project in terms of the entire class as well.
I'm just kind of proud of myself, I would not have been able to do anything like this 3 months ago- as it was, I was extremely confused and lost when I started this class. I've gradually figured out how things work and become comfortable with electronics.I think it might have taken me longer than others, but I feel good that I did learn a LOT. I chose digital media as my concentration because I enjoyed what I did know how to do, and wanted to learn more about things I didn't know much about. I want to take this knowledge and apply it to the classroom, with this knowledge I have something most other teachers do not.

P.S. I even used my knowledge to create some LED light up Christmas Ornaments. Extra Credit! (Just kidding) But it's proof of how I'm already applying that I've learned outside this class. :)

Here's the Youtube version of the song

No comments:

Post a Comment