Monday, December 5, 2011

Joy to the world! My issues have been solved.

So today was rough in terms of trying to figure things out, but they got figured out in the end- so thats REALLY GOOD!
I needed to make progress so desperately here!

So I went into class today really needing help. Katerie and I spent a LOT of time in class trying to figure out my issues. Initially, i worked on soldering wires to my proximity sensor and pins into the Wave Shield for a better and more solid connection. That was looking nice and neat, but it didn't solve my code issues. Instead of trying to change/find code for the new library I wound up just downloading and using the old library (AF wave), despite Lady Ada's warnings not to. Oh well, It actually worked. So now I wasn't getting any error messages which was nice. Katerie really tried to help out, by even trying to write and combine some codes and looking at some of my classmates code, but in the end I was able to fix my problems rather simply.
Initially I had NO IDEA what I was looking at in the code, I wound up just deleting random things and seeing if it made a difference, and it actually worked...wow.

So my issues were solved by cleaning up the files on the SD card, getting ride of folders, and making sure the naming of the files was consistent.

Then, I deleted a bunch of "if then" statements regarding the proximity sensor. In the Pumpkin code they had it set up to play different audio files based on the distance registered from the sensor. In the case of my project I just needed to play one file- so the simpler the code the better.

Now That I have things working in the technical side I need to focus on developing my song, getting the print, frame and constructing all of this together into a cohesive piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment