Monday, December 5, 2011

And Not Sure if I'm Posting to the Degree of Overkill

Well folks.
It's working.

The only problem that will most likely occur, and I will preface this on Wednesday's crit...is Processing's own inconsistency with memory. It is like a fish. If the computer and Processing get tired...be ready for the sad red error to pop up (I have searched it to no avail, even the mighty Google was useless in suggestions, it was the first time in a while Google came up with NOTHING). But no worries...if I can't get it etched out tomorrow...it is just a matter of restarting the program as much as it takes Wednesday to get the idea through. The inconsistency drives me mad, but next semester, more technical skills will be shoveled my way and I can one up this project in theory, because it is rather poetic...until the error interruption.

As far as setup goes...I happened upon a rather lovely arrangement. The computer and proximity sensor are in the black box beneath the screen.

And here's a brief snippet of the functional video. It slows down every time I am closer to the screen and speeds up when I am farther away.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.newser.com/story/134391/fish-may-protect-against-alzheimers.html

    What do you know about memory impairment.

    ReplyDelete