Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Mini Project 2 - Process 3

I constructed the bin to hold the water and sand out of binder's board and acrylic. The water and sand sits in a plastic bag sits inside, while the LED's light from beneath through the acrylic. The lights get brighter and flash faster as vibrations increase. You can even make patterns in the sand.

The box gets heavy when full of water, but seems pretty sturdy. Unfortunately when I tested it out, it leaked a little bit. I will just reinforce the edges of the bag and make sure there are no tiny holes; I hope that fixes whatever happened. I wanted to power the Arduino with a battery so it could be away from the computer, but the battery I picked up was dead, I suppose. Being attached to the computer isn't a big deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment