Thursday, November 3, 2016

Mini Project Process 1/5


Scheme for my second mini project. I trashed my music box idea because it's horrible and I hate it now. This is the workings of a rigged carnival game. I want to make this really gaudy sign lit with LEDs to go on top of it, but I'm no good at graphic design, so I left it out. 

It's basically this.

Plinko! But I want to rig it with gears, a proximity sensor, and a stepped motor such that the gears spin frantically whenever someone approaches. It's a statement of interfering with fate. As if the inherent randomness of the game weren't enough, it's a nihilist spin on my first project. What you deserve doesn't necessarily correlate with what you get. The middle slot, I want to coat in gold leaf, ie. the peak of the the unattainable. The others I'll coat in slime or moss or something textural to insinuate an epitome of a certain fate. Deadly sins? I could find tiny figurines or voodoo dolls to drop through the slot.. I haven't worked out the details. The chamber would be made out of plywood, and the front panel out of clear plexi. The whole thing stands at about 14" tall and 8" wide. I still need to figure out the thickness to accommodate the circuitry. Also I need to figure out how gears work?

No comments:

Post a Comment