Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Interview with Tom Igoe HW

I personally enjoyed reading this interview with Tom lgoe. He touches a lot of points regarding art, design and engineering that I wish I had the opportunity to read my freshman year. As a Digital Art & Sciences Engineering major, I've always contemplated the relationship between those three, and honestly I don't think they are separate entities and that they all work together to achieve some sort of common goal. He mentioned: 

"I think you learn so much from working for and with others that strengthens your artwork that you’d be a fool not to collaborate or work for others from time to time, at least."
Regardless who you interact with(programmers, product designers, marketing and etc), it only heighten our own understandings of how everything will work together as a whole. I did enjoyed his comment below, where he stated the advantages of training as an artist but noted that this was only part of the equation. As a designer at heart, I found his responses to the interview quite an interesting read. 

I do think that art training at its best gives people a heightened sensitivity to sensual cues (audio, visual, tactile, etc), and in some cases a strong ability to analyze work from an aesthetic perspective. That is valuable in this field. But it’s only part of the equation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment