Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 3 Assignments

Project 5:



Project 6:



Labeled Image:




1. The speed of electrical motion is composed of 3 different velocities: The individual electron velocity in a metal wire is typically millions of kilometers per hour, the drift velocity is typically only a few meters per hour while the signal velocity is a hundred million to a trillion kilometers per hour.

2. Energy, or Power = Voltage * Current => P = V * I => P = I * R * I => P = I^2 * R
    The unit of power is the Watt. Example: My MacBook Pro with Retina Display charger has 60 W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter. Input: 100 - 240 V ~1.5 A

3.  In direct current (DC), the electric charge (current) only flows in one direction. Electric charge in alternating current (AC), on the other hand, changes direction periodically. The voltage in AC circuits also periodically reverses because the current changes direction. Examples: In my Nintendo 3DS, the buttons A, B, X, Y can represent DC (ON or OFF, or how I like to put it: True or False), while the slider next to the upper screen that controls the volume represents AC (it can increase or decrease periodically over time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment