Thursday, December 13, 2012

final project continued . . .

So - as evident by the final project all of my components worked (with the exception of the number of components I had wanted - already discussed that with the wrong waveshields that adafruit provided).

The boxes that I found and modified worked out better than I thought they would, especially after the addition of a vent, the sound carried across the room quite nicely.

I stand by the choice to record words and very short phrases, as this was more of a proof of concept or a trial run, having the increased number of sound stations would be great and as one would move a constant stream of sound would be generated.

As stated in crit, I found a better sensor thanks to Evan! He turned me onto a $10 sensor that can detect movement in any direction, thereby allowing the responses to be more specific. I am also going to research writing interruptions and different type of statement (can't find my notes currently to clarify this statement type).

I stand by my decisions regarding elements to introduce into the room. Although I do recognize a need for increased clarity. This was my first time ever attempting any work of this type, sound installation or any type of installation.

I do look forward to revisiting this project and refining my choices and improving the technical elements over break and into next semester.

Documentation is available at:
https://vimeo.com/55569370

also Evan recommended the following site: http://www.goldmine-elec.com/

I might have already posted this but not sure:  http://www.thingiverse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment