Monday, December 3, 2012

Progress - Brain project

So, I still haven't gotten my technology to start working on yet. I'm getting a tad worried about it, but I'm sure it'll be ok and I'll be able to work with it eventually. Might be last minute, but I'm preparing.

I have my brain partially done, but also I got more materials this weekend for it, so I'm going to work on more of it this week.

Here is some of my brainstorming for the project:


My project - having leds light up a brain in accordance with ambient sounds that go on in a regular day. These sounds can include speaking, outside noises, and other areas of open sound. 

What do i want to show? The interaction between a person and how they perceive the world through sound or auditory response. The connection between the brain and outer actions. How this reaction translates in the brain. 

Light is the key to sight and visual processing as sound is the key to verbal processing. This could be important about concentrating on the experience. 

Language and linkages to the brain: http://library.thinkquest.org/C004367/la4.shtml

I think I like the idea of verbal processing being linked to another form of path making or understanding

How I would like the room set up: I want the person who would be controlling the piece to be in complete darkness and upon speaking or making noise, they are creating a grounds for light. This light would represent the solution to the problem of not being able to see in the space. By visualizing verbal processes we come to see or bring light to a room, causing another solution to visual processing in the brain. 

I might want some kind of path to be made or an organization of this guidance so that I could bring across

On another note: I would also like to possibly expand on what some people were saying for my process critique. I am definitely going to sew smaller channels into the brain to make it look more like what it should, but I will do that after I construct/ sew together the whole thing. Also, I might like to add a piece of the panty hose that encloses the whole face to make it look like the object is just a brain with a body attached instead of a brain attached to a head attached to the body... this might make it more apparent that the idea is for language and communication to be as important as light is to sight in the situation. 

Will definitely attach some sketches and imagery in the next few posts, but for now, here is what I have so far. I really wish my technology would come in soon!!!


Here is a video of what I'm looking to do. I don't believe I've found code and a way to set it up yet, but I'll keep looking.

Link to video of what I would like to accomplish for my project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK9d6jKXaBU

I would like this to be connected to my fabricated brain and react to outside sounds. These sound would light up the part of the brain that controls auditory processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment