Saturday, December 15, 2012

Final Project Reflection

I enjoyed making and researching the different variations of these project. I experimented with different ways of making the form through wrapping and gluing. In terms of the technology I used, at first I thought that for my concept of creating a seemingly living organism I could use the RFIDs to trigger particular movement of the triggering of alarms or lights. However, the RFID would be impractical for what I wanted to achieve and would require other parts like an antenna for the range to be great enough. That got my thinking about how great the LDR responded to different types of lights and their brightness. Also, with the LDRI feel that I was able to conceal the technology in such a way that the form seems more organic or at least more natural and as if it were essential to the tree.
In the future I would like to recreate this piece with different kinds of tvs or media playing devices that are not just vidual but audio and could play videos that I have made myself. In addition, I enjoyed the chance to create a site-specific work and would like to create more of a installation space. Using speakers and even theater seating wrapped into the surrounding trees I feel that I could take advantage of the space as a tablaeu of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment