Thursday, December 13, 2012

Crit Reflection

Well, I think our critique went pretty well. Considering our thought process and the amount of time we had once we figured out what exactly we wanted to do, I think we made a pretty successful project. Alisyn and I really stepped out of our comfort zone to go into the wood shop and make a 5 ft box. I think everything up to the presentation was pretty solid. The presentation was were the project was lacking the most in my opinion and according to the critique, I think everyone else agreed. Nisa, Alisyn, and I went back and forth for at least two weeks on how we want to present this thing. We debated between having the demonstration, not having the demonstration, possibly have me do the painting live, having other people do the painting during critique. We made some wrong decisions but in another iteration I think we would get it much better. I really like the suggest of have a screen that would block the participant from the view of the audience and the audience would only see a silhouette of the person and hear the sounds they are making. I also really liked the suggestion of using a real laminated floor, which would be expensive, but maybe with a grant or something that could be possible. I think I want to work more on creating an environment/experience for my art pieces. I think that was what was really lacking in this piece and what would have sent it over the edge in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment