Monday, October 29, 2012

Final Project Ideation

For my final project, I would like to make some kind of a sculpture type object with led lights. I would like for this sculptural object to be a brain. I would form the brain out of panty hose material filled with polyfil or some other sort of filler. I would like to route certain LEDs to different parts of the brain and categorize them to different functions. However, I am stuck on how to make this interactive. I would like the brain to interact to some kind of stimuli, such as talking would light up one part of the brain, while stepping on a bend sensor or exploring an object would light up another area that controls motor functions. I would like to have this mounted on a metal rod or on top of a metal tube with the different color wires exposed to make it look like the spinal column. Again, I feel like I'm going towards making a biological function visually appealing or educational. I want to have this project be a form of interaction and education, but somehow I think this could be more conceptual. I feel like if I attached it to a set of wheels that would move according to where a person stepped on the floor. I think this could be conceptual in the idea of thinking as limitation versus freedom. It would take the viewer time to get this brain sculpture out of an opening within a barrier around the object, such as a square.

This is what I have so far, but I think it might be too difficult.. I need some feedback before proceeding with this idea.

Here is a link to a possible idea of making the object move according to someone's steps:
http://www.makershed.com/product_p/mkseeed8.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment