Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Earliest Electronic Memories and Expectations



My first elextronics experiance that made an impression on me was an electric piano I had while I was probably about six or so. It was called the miracle piano and it had a serial port on the back that hooked into my dad's computer (he worked for a local company selling computers to businesses, so we had them around since I was three). Anyway I would boot into dos and type... run/miracle. And it would load up this interactive teaching software in which you could learn the piano and play games that helped you learn chords and such. I still know how to play star wars, Beethoven's 5th, and The Entertainer because of it. Anyway its an early and somewhat advanced experience at the time. Thank you miracle piano.

So what do I expect from my major? I hope to be able to work across all digital media in order to push whatever concept (art or design) that I am doing. I hope I have the skills and the quality of work to attend a great grad school and to be able to support myself doing it. So far in the programming class, I feel like it broke down invisible barriers that I thought existed between an artist and programming. Its not as hard as it seems. I feel like just that one class alone has pushed me to start working on the web and has opened up a few opportunities to do design and programming. I feel like I will be able to do almost anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment