Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hey, I Can Do a Post!

Intro thingie:
- I find it a very satisfying experience when I find a piece of entertainment that I believe it so original and inventive, I consider it “high art.” My art-making mindset is placed pretty firmly in the realm of entertainment, but sometimes I see a movie or watch a cartoon and I am amazed of its greatness. In terms of a fulfilling interactive experience, I remember back when I first played Katamari Damacy. It’s a game that does no justice explaining: you play a small prince who rolls an adhesive sphere around a planet and picks things up in order to create new stars in the sky. You start from paperclips and coins when you’re small, but as you start to build mass, your ball gets larger, until you can start picking up dogs, cats, small kids, then people, then eventually buildings and entire islands. The insane game play, the cubist art style, the simultaneous frantic and soothing Japanese soundtrack, and the whole general concept of the game blew my mind. To me it was just as much a satisfying game as it was a satisfying experience on the whole, a true piece of art.
- I use computers and programs all the time, but to me, it’s like a magic box. I have a limited knowledge of computer parts and their functions, but I’ve never tinkered with any of their inner workings, nor with any other electronics.
- Gaining a higher knowledge of circuits is probably handy information, and I’m interested to see how it can raise to a higher level of digital art. I kind of don’t know what to expect from this class, and as such, I don’t have many expectations. But I’m quite interested, so there’s something.

No comments:

Post a Comment