Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Post

I think one of the most memorable electronics based pieces I have ever seen/experienced would be Ryan Tanay's automated paintball marker turret. It was set up in the focus gallery for his MFA show. The basics of the piece was that it would track motion in the room but the viewer could also become a user and control the system through a laptop hooked up to the machine. It was just a really neat piece of art and machinery to see, both inanimate and in motion.

I have always had a strong interest in electronics and tinkering/working with them. This class allows me to actually create the small electronics and machines I have always had a fondness for. I'm also planning on incorporating the use of Arduinos into my senior ceramic work, for sound, interaction (i.e. motion sensors and audio sensors), and some motion as well. So I am pretty excited for this class and what I will be able to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment