Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He took out all of Detroit!

Being born into the technology era has trained our generation to become dependent on and obsessed with electronics. Yet the most profound experience I've had actually comes from the stories of someone who embraced the unknown and experimented with technology far beyond his time. This man is my dad, whom at the age of 12 hand built a radio to do morris code with a friend and instead temporarily shut down all frequencies in Detroit. His next major build was a hand made laser; before people even knew what they were, he was building one! His most impressive project was built at age 17 when he made a holographic chess piece and went on to the international science fair for it. He is a genius with electronics! These stories are what led me to take this class. If I can just get a taste of the adventure that goes into the experiments, I can bring myself back into my dad's shoes. Besides rewiring the plug on my hair straightener and playing with the Adobe Suite, I don't have much experience with electronics . But I am ready to explore and learn to interact with technology in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment