Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Final Project & Class Reflections

Although this class was really frustrating at times, I can say I've learned a whole lot over the course of this semester. I think one of the most important things I learned to do was solder because I've come to realize that I soldering is part of my job when we do maintenance on cables and other equipment. I've yet to do any of this type of maintenance because I didn't know how to solder. Because of this class, I can do more for my job and therefore make more money. Aside from giving me an edge at my job, I've learned to be more persistent and detail-oriented. Dealing with all sorts of electronics, both big and small, there is a learning curve and getting a grasp of these things is not easy. It takes time and lots of effort to get them to do what you want them to do and correctly. Besides all the technical things, I've learned to improve upon my soft skills such as my diligence towards things and also time management because I had to put a whole lot of time to my assignments and projects.

In terms of our final project, like I said in the other post, we've come a long ways since our midterm and since we first began the class. I remember in the beginning of the semester when we were playing with LEDs. It seemed alright at first; there weren't too many LED assignments that were hard. Then as the semester progressed, things definitely got harder and harder, like Katerie said they would. I wasn't too worried till we began our midterm project. Having never done any class assignments with Twitter or Ethernet, everything was new to us and we had to learn it all on the fly pretty much by ourselves. Luckily, we got the help of Evan and Katerie to steer us in the right direction. Thanks guys. We appreciate it. For our final project, I wish we tapped into everyone's projects and also had more messages. In the beginning, we decided on 10 messages per project. But as we thought of messages, we got writers block and it became really hard to think of good messages that relate to the projects so we stuck to 7. Lucky number 7. Overall, I'm really pleased of what our project came to be from what we initially conceptualized.

No comments:

Post a Comment