Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday: Touching up code/tech

MOTORS


I got 4 motors to work, but when I connect THIS motor:

They stop. This motor draws a lot of power, so I might be able to connect at least one smaller motor. But I van at LEAST got four motors working with this, and If I have to I can chain the Ardunio to another breadboard (even the mini ones can work) that uses another set of 4 AA batteries. I tried a 9 volt battery and it does not work at all. It's too much; i read that servos need between like 4.4 and 6 volts so 9 is too much.

LEDS

I got one LAST code thingie working: random fading LEDS and random blinking LEDs. Some bugs/lights on bugs will not have a rangefinder and simply blink on their own. For this, I grabbed two sets of code from the internet and combined them, producing LEDs that both blink and fade randomly.




With this, the technical coding is essentially finished and the tinkering can begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment