Sunday, November 29, 2015

There Will Come Soft Rains


Reading this story I think of how there is a lot of time and money being put into technology to make it “smarter.” Yes, let’s keep advancing technology but let’s not make it smarter than humans. We have so many more issues happening in the world than to worry about making these “objects” too smart. It’s very scary to think of this technology becoming more powerful than us. There are many issues with human behavior that still needs to be figured out. What’s really the point of all this technology when we are gone? It’s going to definitely out live us. We need technology but I do not think it needs us. Objects will advance to a point where they will be able to keep their own maintenance. I always wonder how long I will be able to be an artist that uses technology. It constantly changes and evolves. For example, there are a lack of jobs with traditional printmakers. Or is you have one of the old school TVs it’s going to be hard to find someone to fix it. Things evolve and so do people’s jobs. Will it reach a point to where our art will make itself? Will it be able to come up with it’s own concept? Will it be able to make itself beautiful. I think yes.  I dread this moment but I think it will always miss the quality of being able to connect with a person emotionally. Below is a video that I feel is the process of what happens before the story of  “There Will Come Soft Rains.” I think the story is an accurate view of the future.



And this was in my inbox after posting this:




No comments:

Post a Comment