Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mini Project Deux

For this Mini Project, I decided to use the new PIR sensors we've received, as these are the sensors Kelsey and I would be using for our final project. The sensor, though simple in notion, proved rather difficult to work in the manner I wanted it to. After some fiddling, and long ended prayers I was finally able to get the sensor to somewhat work, though definite evaluation of the code will be necessary to make sure that everything runs well. I chose to make an interface that would alert everyone when someone took a cookie, especially when they aren't suppose to. I'm not particularly fond of Oreos, but my brother loves them. Now my mother knows each time he takes one before dinner...







Below in this video I demonstrate and explain the ways in which the sketch works, as well as the passive infrared sensor.


The pictures below show my interface, as well as the video indicates how the sensor works when applied to everyday mechanics. 








No comments:

Post a Comment