Sunday, November 29, 2015

Three Artists

Stelarc: The Man with Three Ears

Stelarc is a performance artist. His media includes robotics, computer programming, and surgical modification. I included this video which is an overview of much of his work but I specifically enjoy the Extended Arm Split Body Performance (3:00) where the body has a mechanical manipulator. Exoskeleton performance which is a six-legged walking robot with is an impressive walking and sound machine that took 6 months to total to make. I really enjoy the way he experiments with technology and his own body. I do know see myself this involved with my work but it is some great inspiration. 


Balam Soto: take 2 Exp.Inst.Rain and Exp.Inst.Moon

"By touching the experimental instrument’s copper tape sensors at various points, participants are able to create a range of sound effects, which in turn, produce changes in the projection." These two works by Balam Soto are very similar to my initial idea. I love the interaction and visuals that happen with basic touch. I know this took lots of work.






Gábor Pribék: Clmbstrmnt

Gábor Pribék is a media designer. This is his project Clmbstrmnt. It says it's an interactive climbing wall. The description of the work is in code so I can't fully describe it. But I know that it is using Arduino. It insires me greatly because the viewer is controlling what is happening as they interact with it and it creates the beautiful work as much as they commit. I want to do something similar. Check it out below. 

http://www.gaborpribek.com/#/clmbstrmnts/

No comments:

Post a Comment