Sunday, November 8, 2015

11/9 - Semester project Process #4 with Protoype

My first go at a prototype:

In this test I got both the LED Matrix to work, as well as a conductive fabric capacitive touch sensor. It took a lot of research just to hook up the fabric, and once it was done I had to mash a bunch of code together. I ended up finding some code on how to make a capacitive touch piano out of tin foil. I also took the code to draw on the matrix from the library that I downloaded for it (It's looking surprisingly like drawing shapes in processing!). I cut up the two codes and mashed them together so that instead of playing a note when the 'key' is hit, it draws to the matrix.

Some concerns of mine are that this is definitely an arduino uno project and there are a ton of wires flopping around, sometimes getting loose and being unpredictable. I believe I'll have to put together a proto shield or something like that to make running the matrix more stable. As for the fabric sensors, I still want them to be sewn in with conductive thread, so I will have to experiment with securely fastening resistors into the thread and a way to turn the thread into a 'wire' at the end... maybe some sort of tie-in plug or pin for when it comes to attaching the arduino.

There's a lot of problem solving to do yet, but I'm happy with my progress so far.
I still need to ponder further the meaning or content of what will show up on the matrix, but I just wanted to get it working first!

No comments:

Post a Comment