Monday, November 16, 2015

Mini Project 2, Process 3 - Jen Herrera

 A very process-oriented post, documenting the many steps I've taken to try and make this mini-project work.

The first thing I did was take the capacitive touch knowledge that I gathered from building my LED Matrix prototype, and use that to try and make one of my crochet flowers into a capacitive touch sensor. When touched, it's supposed to turn the light off!
Like in my prototype, using only one sensor, it works perfectly!
 

So then, using a tutorial for making a capacitive touch piano, I sketched up what my wiring/ sewing circuit should look like. It gets really confusing when you add more sensors and have to translate all the wires into stitches that can't overlap..

And then I began sewing them in.

When put together, all of the lights work!

My only problem is that the capacitive touch can behave erratically, sometimes not turning off and then turning off after a long delay. Individual flowers don't usually turn off but work in a chain reaction from the first or second flower. I need to go back over everything and maybe look further into my code.

No comments:

Post a Comment