Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blog questions

Visual Cues our group can employ to help user interact with out piece.
Right now I think that our plan needs to be retooled quite a bit. I definitely feel like there's something to our idea, but my main problem is that I still don't completely understand circuitry and electronics, or programming and while I'm trying to learn that I'm also trying to make a conceptually heavy art-piece. For me right now, I think both goals are distracting the other and I don't even have a finished idea to really answer this question about.

Making/Designing circuits-
I think what I love about the simple circuits we've been making is that they make perfect satifying logical sense. Positive to negative, running the wires to different rows and columns in the breadboard. Its pleasing.

Sound-
The game "Operation" is completely reliant on sound, there are also several computer programs that produce a 'beep' when something is successful or if you're trying to do something the program won't allow. Its important I think because in many cases there's no visual cue, just that noise. The noise makes you realize that the program isn't being unresponsive, just that what your doing can't be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment