Thursday, October 4, 2012

more midterm process


Victory! the camera was not completely toast - I was able to break the ground connection and the power now works without melting down.

I also was able to find the power switch - I soldered that switch and the multimeter detects a flow through both of my switches.


I found the needed transistors at Radio Shack and also bought another camera (larger files and sd card storage for the images). I decided that the storage capacity of the keychain camera would not meet my needs. However, I am still testing the entire set-up with the keychain camera and then substituting in the higher quality camera.


In my wiring from camera
  • yellow is camera ground
  • black is the shutter switch
  • blue is the power switch





I cannot get the camera to work with arduino.  The led is flashing at 1 minute intervals which the program tells it to do, but the camera is not responding. I have some confusion surrounding the wiring on the breadboard. In the pictures, “collector and emitter wires are jumped to adjacent rows with male headers,” but I am confused as to what those are, or rather what is holding the two wires and header together? and I think that they are joined to my camera wiring with the male headers.


Decided to make my own “together headers” with solder and alligator clips - same problem - program works good (led flashing properly) but the camera is not operating according to the arduino.  The camera can be powered on separately but still not by arduino . . .







I don’t think the power is reaching the entire breadboard - so I added three power wires . . . no change . . . then I followed a different diagram and connected the camera ground straight to the arduino . . .





No change - I am at a loss of what to try next??


So right now - camera doesn’t work yet
  • humidity/temp sensor is a go
  • both codes are working
  • need to modify and combine the codes






No comments:

Post a Comment