Sunday, October 2, 2016

Interview with Tom Igoe

Reading this interview made me think about my experience with sensors in general. It was frustrating in the beginning because I knew little about sensors or electronics but as I keep working on the exercises, it was nice to see the result of the things we built. The concepts are so simple that they can be applied to many things thus, so allowing a broader range for creativity. In the interview, Tom mentions that he finds the work of those who are "pure" artists less interesting than those who also do commercial work. Working with electronics, it would be hard to be just a "pure" artist because everything created would be an innovation of some sort. It makes me think of people in the Renaissance who were not only painters and sculptors but also architects, mathematicians and etc. They used what they knew to make advancements in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment