Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mini Project 1 Process 3

I completed the setup in Unity for users to navigate when interacting with the piece. It is a small, simple maps surrounded by jagged mountains. I left the terrain a texture-less white because I liked the sterility of how it looked. At the other end of the map is a desk with a Mac computer, mouse, and a replica of my interactive box on it. There is also an office chair pushed to the side. Surrounding the player on all sides is a bunch of hovering, staring eyeballs.

Originally I wanted the eyeballs to turn to always be facing the player character as they moved, but finding a script to do that was proving difficult. So for now I left them fairly static. I thought it was appropriate for my first real attempt at using Unity, anyways. This sort of limited space with a setup similar to where the person is sitting to interact with the piece is intended to create a feeling of paranoia. This is also coupled with the person interacting having to trust the little box enough to stick their fingers inside.

Pictures of everything will be uploaded later!

No comments:

Post a Comment