Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mini Project Update 5/5

Here is the finished product:


*sorry some of the pictures are upside down

I was disappointed with the end result, and for my final project I might have to change the box I hold my breadboard in. Originally, I wanted the LCD screen to be horizontal, so when the cover is open you read the letters just like how you read the book. After hours of trying to fit my wires on the smaller breadboard, I got it to work however the LCD screen was VERY dim for some reason. Because of time, I decided to use the larger breadboard and have the LCD screen vertically instead.

I wanted to use a battery to power this, but my wires decided to break last minute and I did not have enough time to solder it again. Therefore, there is a hole on the side of the book to allow the USB cord to connect to my computer.


This mini project, I focused on getting the LCD screen to word and taught myself the code needed to generate random text. I am looking forward to using the larger LCD screen, because this one only holds 16 characters per line and it was difficult to say what I wanted to say.

MINI PROJECT CONCEPT

I created a little virtual diary with about 10 phrases that randomize whenever the book is moved around. The tilt sensor is VERY sensitive, so I am worried that not a lot of people will get the chance to see the "Dear Diary," part in the beginning. They might have to end up reseting it a few times in order to understand what I'm saying. Some of these phrases are based off of things I have experienced in my life.

Examples:

No comments:

Post a Comment