Saturday, October 15, 2016

Mini Project Process 3/5

Laser Cut Scheme
Pieces of holding chamber that I cut at the FabLab. They had a selection of balsa wood available, but I needed at least a 8" wide board. They had a 1/8" thickness that rang in at about $16. Instead, I went over to JoAnn's and grabbed the straightest plank of balsa wood from there. As I was standing in the store, I pulled up a 50% off coupon. I spent $5 on a 8" x 24" x 1/32" plank of wood to create the chamber. Once I assembled it, all my measurements were correct except for my servo hole. The propeller mechanism sticks about an inch above the motor, and it looks weird being that far elevated from the base. The motor behaved the same.
Note for next time: Do like Eddie and stack the servo motor such that the propeller is more flush to the base it protrudes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment