Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Disaster Strikes

After soldering together an ethernet shield, I realized that configuring it would be a problem. The ladyada "Use it!" page was instructing me to download a program only compatible with Windows. Since I myself don't use a PC, nor do many people I know, this became a problem. After trying to configure it with Windows in the lab, it was not working, and MChristo and I decided that it would probably not work on the school network. Too much techno mumbo-jumbo for me. So, I'll have to modify my concept.

On the bright side, I do have three servo motors working and responding to input from the serial monitor. i had individual control of all of them.


My plan is to hook up some other sensor that will effect the movement of the motors. Right now I have a proximity sensor that I'm going to play with. I'm thinking of still using this tug-of-war idea that reacts to people's spatial relationships. I will post a picture of a setup later, but as of now, I will have three equidistant motors with a piece of fabric stretched taught between them. The motors will tug on their corner of the fabric when somebody passes by, and as multiple people move around, they were be engaging in this conflict. The setup is the same as the original concept, but it has to change somewhat. More concept to follow. I know I'm straying from my original media-affects-worldview idea, but without the internet, I don't see how it can be feasible or even credible to still talk about the same thing.

Again, more progress to follow. At least I have motors working!

No comments:

Post a Comment