Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Final Project Ideas

I don't have a very thorough idea for my final project (still recovering from the midterm project), but I know I would like to do something involving sound input and motor output. For the input, I have read that you can use a crystal microphone, or you can cannibalize an earphone from a crystal radio kit, available at Radio Shack for less than ten bucks. For the output, I'd like to make a small device (for lack of a better word) that will move according to the sound. I would like its movements to appear lifelike; I am drawn to machines that appear organic. I like the idea of the device "flinching" away from loud noises. The device does not have to be fully mobile with wheels or legs; I image it to be fixed in place with its appendages doing the moving.

1 comment:

  1. On second thought, people don't like to make noise in galleries, so maybe I'll use a proximity sensor to detect people or a photoresistor to detect their shadows or something. I do really want to make a shy mechanical creature, though.

    ReplyDelete