Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Troubleshooting with the Wave Shield

so after googling the error message I was getting, I found that specifically on a lot of forums and such that the error message usually pertains to a connectivity issue, such as bad soldering. I asked Lu about that and she told me that she also had issues with the wave shield- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. She was kind enough to give me another one that she had lying around. It looked a lot neater so I had higher hopes for it... Unfortunately that one didn't work either :( I got the same error message.
all in all I troubleshooted with different SD cards, different computers, different USB cords, different speakers, different code/example sketches, and different wave shields. I tested Sam's wave shield and it worked fine. So I need a new wave shield.

Unfortunately I won't be able to work on it until after thanksgiving break, as the kits to make new ones had to be ordered.
This break I will work on the concept portion of the piece Until i can get my hands on the kit to solder it. I just hope my soldering skills will be good enough to do this ... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment